A piece of scrap 50×50 (2”x2”) fell under my gaze today while doing a non lathe related task in the workshop ….. the result, a go at one of this months challanges, the wand. Here is a well worn wand for a wiley wandering wizard 🧙♂️ finished with HS Intrinsic colours blended on handle and main wand, chestnut iridescent on the knuckles and a little Vallejo acrylic on the pointy end, the handle and copper wire ‘ferrule’ were washed with dark oak acrylic varnish and the whole then over coated with Matt varnish.
A worn wand for a Wiley Wandering Wizard
- By Phil Abraham
Thursday, 22 October, 2020
- August '20: Texture & Flatter Platter
- December '20 Christmas Freestyle
- February 21: Craftivism
- January 21: Inlaid Box & 'Winter'
- July '20: Dippers and Asia
- June '20: Tops & YoYos
- Members Work
- November '20: A Chalice and Touchy-Feely
- October '20: Magic Wand & Pumpkins
- September '20: Bowls ^ Mixed-Up