I thought id turn both challenges this month. The pumpkin began life as a very nice piece of ash, before i turned and hollowed it. I coloured the pumpkin with intrinsic burnt orange and honey, before scorching, some careful sanding in places, and some more colour. very effective i think. think finial was coloured with forest and pear green before scorching, with a small piece of twig for a finishing touch. The wand was similarly a piece of ash scorched, all though much heavier on this one, to make plenty of room for the bronze wax to show off the grain.
Spooky Ash Pumpkin hollow form
- By Callum Austin
Saturday, 31 October, 2020
- August '20: Texture & Flatter Platter
- December '20 Christmas Freestyle
- February 21: Craftivism
- January 21: Inlaid Box & 'Winter'
- July '20: Dippers and Asia
- June '20: Tops & YoYos
- Members Work
- November '20: A Chalice and Touchy-Feely
- October '20: Magic Wand & Pumpkins
- September '20: Bowls ^ Mixed-Up